Change of Address

Tips to fill change of address online form and moving, best resources.

United States (US) Postal Service Change Of Address

United States (US) Postal Service Change Of Address

Thousands people move from one address to another address every year in United States.  US Postal service change of address should be filled if you are moving to a new address.  You can fill your change of address form online.

One of the biggest concern with moving to new address is about loosing your mails that are addressed to your old address. Your neighbor will play role of a good neighborhood only for a limited period of time to keep your mail till you come about asking them but after that your mail will most of the time see the trash box at their door, so if you are moving for a long time or permanently you must change your address in the post office so that your mails are forwarded to your new address, for that you should fill out US postal service address change form.

Fill Out United States Post Office Change Of Address Form

To overcome this problem, you must notify the United States postal service change of address department about your moving to new address so that all your mails are sent to your new address. Yes! Its not possible every time to go to the post office to fill up the Online Change of Address Form. In that case you can submit United States Postal Service change of address form online.

How US Postal Service Change of address form works-

Once you submit the US postal service change of address form, it takes around 6 to 14 days to deliver your mails to your new address. Once you have submitted that form and mentioned whether you are moving is temporary or permanent, the postal department will send all your mails to new address for the defined period or if you are moving permanently your mails will be forwarded for ever. This way your neighbor will also not be too much frustrated about your moving and you will keep receiving all your important documents whether they are your insurance premium notification, your online purchase delivery or anything.

Many times it happens that we order something on eBay and the shipment gets delayed or you ask for a replacement of the goods, the things are then on the way and may take some time to get delivered. If you have done something like that in past you may know how time consuming this process is. If you start moving sometime in the middle of this process you are most likely to miss your shipment as the addressee would not be found on the given address because of their location change. Even in that case if you have filed a change of address request you can be sure that you will receive your goods on your new address. Things cannot be more easier for you than filling the United States postal service address change form online. You can locate an online form here. For your safety there are few restrictions for filling online form; like you need to enter a valid credit card and an email address to verify. The billing address of the credit card should be either your new address where you are moving or your old address which you are leaving. The service charges $1 from your card for that. Check out this video.

In case you don’t provide a credit card, you will be required to mail the finished form or submit in your local post office. If you have all the details ready then go to the above mentioned address and start filling the form. You should mention whether you are moving temporary or permanent. If you are moving for less than a year please select temporary. Initially your mail forwarding period will be six months from starting date. Later you can extend it to a year. Otherwise if you are moving for more than a year select permanent. Then define forwarding start date. and continue with the for. US postal change of address will then start delivering your mails to your new address.

Good Luck! Go and fill your Online Form for United States Postal Service Change Of Address.

Send to Kindle

16 Responses to “United States (US) Postal Service Change Of Address”

1. Jeremey S. says:

This was quick,within 10 days I have started receiving my posts on my new address. I just filled up the US post office change of address form available here. Glad! I didn’t hav to go anywhere.

Thanks,
    Jeremey

• Admin says:

Jeremey, Thanks for the feedback. I am happy it worked for you and it was quick. Many people look for US postal service change of address, I like when someone leave a feedback.

2. Garnet Smutz says:

Definitely, what a magnificent website and enlightening posts, I will bookmark your site.Have an awsome day!

3. Crazy Bill says:

Can you tell me a similar form for DMV change of address, I used this form and got my US post office address change done really fast, I have to look for DMV as well,

You got cool and thankful website, Keep good work. Thanks.

• Post Office says:

Thanks Crazy Bill for your comment, currently we are providing information on Post office change of address only and not about DMV, we will try to add that information as well for other visitors to this website,

Thanks for your compliment about the website also.

4. East Coast says:

I was looking for post office change of address form and landed here, I have filled this form and waiting for my mails to divert on my new address, Its been 5 days how much time you think will it take to get it finally done, US Post office change of address takes around 14 days, that I have heard, but i had no time to go to post office to get my address changed, so I searched internet and I hope I will also get my address change as Jeremey S above has got,
    Should I wait for any confirmation as I am ready to move but don’t want to loose any posts.

• Admin says:

Hi East Coast, As it has only been 5 days please wait for another 11 days, as it ways the post office address change gets working within 14 days so I would suggest you to wait for sometime. Our previous users have provided feedback about their experience which has been positive and they got their mails delivered to their new address. You have already submitted your request for United States Postal Service Change of Address and as you see one of our visitor (as you mentioned in your comment “Jeremey S”) have already started receiving his posts on new address, you will also get your posts.

Thanks for your feedback.

5. B Merker says:

I have to fill change of address form for my mom, can I fill it for her online? I am not sure so asking before I submit a US postal service change of address form. A quick responce will be appriciated.
    Thanks,
    -B. Merker

6. Martino says:

Thanks for the info.. you have provided very detailed instructions and all the information required.

7. Martin says:

It worked for me.

8. marcos sama says:

very nice service, and economic. ‘GOOD’ bless America. thank

9. marcos sama says:

many thank

10. marcos sama says:

every thins work fine .thank you very much

11. gambling deductions says:

Hello to all, the contents present at this website are
    actually remarkable for people knowledge, well, keep up the good work fellows.